Kitchens are one of the most important rooms to renovate. The kitchen is frequently used and is more likely to show wear and tear than other rooms in your home. Renovating your kitchen can add value to your home if you want to sell it or it can improve the quality of life for you and your family if you still want to live there for a while. According to Realtor.com, 80% of prospective homebuyers placed the kitchen in their top three important spaces when looking for a home.
Kitchen upgrades that add value and are fairly inexpensive are:
- Repainting cabinets. Gutting and replacing cabinets can be one of the most expensive parts of a kitchen renovation. Repainting your existing cabinets and replacing the knobs will save you a considerable amount of money and make your cabinets look brand new without spending thousands of dollars.
- Replacing countertops. In a survey completed by Realtor.com, 55% of homebuyers said that they would pay more for granite countertops. If you would like a cheaper option, laminate would be a good choice because it can mimic other styles, like wood or marble. Whatever you choose, find countertops that are clean, modern, and can withstand everyday life.
- Update your appliances. 69% of homebuyers said they would pay more for new appliances. New appliances can be very expensive, but it is one of the quickest upgrades you can make. They can also make your kitchen more functional, improving your quality of life.
- Put in new light fixtures. Lighting is especially important in kitchens. You can replace dull, dated light fixtures with more modern looking light fixtures. Light fixtures are a great way to make a good first impression to potential buyers.
- Get a new kitchen sink. Kitchen sinks are probably the most used fixture in the kitchen. A leaky or dated sink will be definitely be noticed by prospective homebuyers.
Sweeney Construction is a family-owned, custom home building and remodeling service in Middle Tennessee. Our team of highly skilled professionals will be with you through every step of the way to ensure your project turns out the way you always imagined. Our reputation means everything to us and we promise to provide the highest quality of work possible. When you are ready to discuss renovating your kitchen or any other space in your home, give us a call at (615) 892-0599 or visit our website www.sweeneyconstructiontn.com for more information.